Who we are
Arctic Camp Brattli AS was founded in 2019. We provide outdoor adventure with activities, healthy food and silence. Great nature surrounds us in the fresh polar air. We’d like you to experience nature and the area around us, by being present in the activities and get enough food and rest after the rides. The company will always provide 2 % of the profit to charity, to the organization our board every year decide. Organizations we like is Red Cross, Forut, Amnesty International and Medecins Sans Frontiers
We’d like to introduce you to Norwegian food, that can easily be made on the camp fire or in the kitchen. We make the meals together, which will be healty and well balanced to the activities on the camp. Before you travel, we’ll email you a request regarding consideration about your diet.
You bring your own clothes and shoes to the camp. You can rent a bike from us on the bike packages. On the bike tours for one day, the bike is included. On the winter camps the fatbike and snowshoes are included.
What To Bring In The Summer
- Bike. Any touring, race, adventure or CX bike will do. There will be tarmac roads, but a little rough so recommended tire witdh is > 23 mm. 28 mm is probably optimal. Wider is even more comfortable. Spare tube. It is not very common to get a flat while cycling around Senja, but just in case you should bring a spare tube and or patches. Bike lights, both front and rear. A front light that lights up the road in front of you is recommended as the tunnels can be pretty dark. Option is to rent a bike from us.
- Wind and waterproof clothing. Weather can get really bad.
- Warm clothing. A layer of dry lingerie (super or wool). It might get below 10 degrees. In rare cases it might even snow. It’s very nice to have an all season hooded down jacket for the evenings, since they can be quite cold.
- Chill clothing. It might get sunny and 25 degrees.
- Shoes. Recommend MTB style shoes. Either waterproof, or you should bring waterproof shoe covers.
- Gloves. Both short and long gloves. Waterproof long gloves are recommended.
- Helmet, any helmet. The use of a helmet is optional in Norway, but we recommend that you always wear your helmet while cycling.
- Water bottles. 2 water bottles to bring with you on the bike. It is usually very easy to find fresh water to drink along the road (see earlier note).
What To Bring In The Winter
- Warm clothing. A layer of dry wool lingerie. It might get below -10 degrees. There will be snow. Thick warm coat and pants.
- Chill clothing. For indoor use in the cabin.
- Shoes. Warm for cold winter-weather.
- Gloves. Warm.
- Swimwear. For ice-bath in the ocean.
- Hat. Warm.
- Drinking bottle.